Data protection, privacy and communications policy
SHREE NARAYANI.ORG is a website used for charity and feeding the poor by Shree Narayani Namo Namo.
We are a registered charity under section 12AA in in Kolkata, India.
Shree Narayani Trust takes the privacy of our beneficiaries, supporters and volunteers very seriously. At Shree Narayani Trust we are strongly committed to protecting your privacy and every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that your information is kept secure and intact. This policy describes how Shree Narayani Trust collects and uses personal information about the people who visit our websites and give us their data over the phone, face-to-face, and in writing. This policy also states how and why we use data, how we store it and how individual personal preferences can be amended.
The terms of this policy may change, so please check it from time to time. This version published on 7th March 2021, supersedes all previous versions.
By using our website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. If you have any queries about this policy please contact:
The Data Protection Officer
Shree Narayani Trust
Shree Narayani Trust Privacy Statement
• Only information that we need is collected.
• Your personal information is only used for the purpose for which we collect it.
• Your personal information is only seen by those who need it to do their jobs.
• We will only disclose data when we have your consent, or where we are obliged to disclose personal data by law, or as expressly permitted under the GDPR (through contract; legal obligation, vital interests; public task; or legitimate interests).
• Personal information is retained only for as long as it is required for the purpose collected; normally, this will be for a maximum of 7 years if we do not hear from you during this time. Unless there is a legal requirement to do otherwise, at the six year point, we will take steps to remove your information from our records.
• Your information will be protected from unauthorised or accidental disclosure and processed in an appropriate manner to maintain its integrity and confidentiality.
These principles apply whether we hold your information on paper or in electronic form.
How do we collect information?
If you provide services to Shree Narayani Trust, we will collect information in line with your contract for services.
We may also collect technical information relating to your use of our website, including your browser type or the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet.
We also gather general information about the use of our website, such as which pages users visit most often and which services, events or facilities are of most interest. We may also track which pages users visit when they click on links in emails.
We obtain personal information from you when you enquire about our activities – including fundraising and trading – register with us, send or receive an email, make a donation to us, ask a question or otherwise provide us with personal information. We may also receive information about you from third parties, for example from mailing list brokers.
We will only ever collect the information that we need, including data that will be useful to help improve our services. The information is either needed to fulfill your request or to enable us to provide you with a more personalized service. You don’t have to disclose any of this information to browse our sites.
What information do we collect?
The personal information we collect might include name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number and credit/debit card details.
We may also record an individual’s Regiment or Corps, particularly if still serving. We also gather general non-personal information about the use of our website, such as which pages users visit most often, and which are of most interest. We may also track which pages users visit when they click on links in Shree Narayani Trust emails. Wherever possible we use aggregated or anonymous information which does not identify individual visitors to our website. Please see the section below on Cookies.
Why do we collect this information?
We collect this information for the purpose of promoting the aims of the Charity and communicating effectively and appropriately with our supporters and, in particular, providing support to our beneficiaries. The lawful basis for which we process your information is:
• your consent;
• processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party. If you fail to provide this information we may be unable to perform the contract;
• processing is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, for example to comply with our obligations as an employer to disclose employee salary details to HMRC;
• processing is necessary to protect your interests or that of another person;
• processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest;
• processing is necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interest pursued by us or a third party, except where your rights as a data subject override our legitimate interest. The legitimate interest we rely upon is subject to a assessment based on the specific context and circumstances.
How do we use this information?
We will use the information you provide in the ways set out below:
• promote the aims of Shree Narayani Trust;
• to provide and personalize our services to beneficiaries;
• to communicate with our supporters, dealing with your enquiries and requests, recording any contact with you;
• to provide you with information that you have indicated an interest in, for example information about our campaigns, volunteering, fundraising and trading activities and how you can donate to us;
• we may use this information to personalize the way our website is presented when users visit it, to make improvements to our website and to ensure we provide the best service for users;
• to conduct market research;
• Segmentation, so that we can offer supporters information relevant to them;
• for administrative purposes.
If you enter your contact details in one of our online event registration forms, we may use this information to contact you even if you don’t “send” or “submit” the form. We will only do this to see if we can help with any problems you might be experiencing with the form or with our websites.
Do we share your information with anybody else?
Any date on this site is kept with us and is not shared with any third party vendor, however for information purposes we may share this data with our internet research and security team to ensure full compliance of your date as per our policy. It will always be kept in secure environment and will never be used in any kind.
The data provided on the site will only be used by us for quality, training, marketing and for updating purposes ONLY.
Storing and protecting your information
We recognise the concerns that many people have about giving personal information online.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our beneficiaries, supporters, staff and volunteers. We have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration or destruction of personal data under our control. Information is stored by us on computers located in the US. We may also store information on paper files. All of our online forms are protected by encryption. We also use a secure server when you make a donation or payment via our website.
However, no data transmission over the internet is 100% secure. As a result, whilst we cannot absolutely guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur while it is under our control, we use our best efforts to prevent this and protect your personal information. The Charity uses a set of controls to provide protection from the most prevalent cyber security threats and has been awarded Cyber Essentials Plus certification.
We will keep your information only for as long as we need it to provide you with the goods, services or information you have required, to administer your relationship with us, to inform our research or the preferences of our supporters, to comply with the law and tax accounting rules, or to ensure that we do not communicate with people who have asked us not to.
When your information is no longer required, we will always dispose of it securely, in accordance with our policy.
Payment Card Information
Shree Narayani Trust does not store any sensitive payment card data in our systems. We have a tie up with Razor Pay as our payment service provider and we adhere to the terms and security mentioned on the there website. Our site is fully secured with SSL and 8Bit security in place.
Transfer of Information
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using it to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data. Although the data will always be held securely and we will take steps to ensure that any third-party organisation we engage to process data on our behalf provides an adequate level of protection in accordance with GDPR. By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing at a location outside the Indian Server Space.
Most browsers will allow you to turn off cookies. Please note however that turning off cookies will restrict your use of our website. To learn more about cookies and how to manage them, visit AboutCookies.org.
Trademarks and copyright
Shree Narayani Trust website contains material which is protected by copyright and/or other intellectual property rights. All copyright and intellectual property rights including the names, images and logos are owned by Shree Narayani Trust unless otherwise stated. All rights are reserved.
You are responsible for complying with all applicable copyright laws. We permit you to make copies of information on Shree Narayani Trust website as necessary incidental acts during your viewing and you may take a print for your personal use of so much of the site as is reasonable for private purposes. All other uses are prohibited. Nothing in these terms shall be construed as conferring any right to use any trademark, logo, patent right or copyright of Shree Narayani Trust.
If you have any questions about this policy or how we use data please contact us at email@example.com
Fundraising Preference Service
Shree Narayani Trust is committed to empowering our supporters to manage their information. The Fundraising Preference Service (FPS) enables donors to take control of their charitable giving and conversations; and we want to help you use the service effectively.
The Charity is committed to upholding fundraising best practice and being as transparent as possible with our donors.